Unless otherwise stated, all material on this web site is the intellectual property of THE WRITER’S ALLY and is © copyright THE WRITER’S ALLY and/or ALLYSON MACHATE. No individual or entity is permitted to copy, publish, or commercially use any information contained on this Web site without the express written permission of THE WRITER’S ALLY. All content on this site has been submitted to a copyright archiving and enforcement service. THE WRITER’S ALLY has, and will, pursue legal action against, and will prosecute, copyright violators to the fullest extent of the law — including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. For a thorough review of copyright laws please go to http://www.loc.gov/copyright.
All materials, code, and content contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of THE WRITER’S ALLY. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
However, you may download material from THE WRITER’S ALLY from THEWRITERSALLY.COM for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Links to Web sites other than those owned by THE WRITER’S ALLY are offered as a service to readers. The staff of THE WRITER’S ALLY was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright and trademark ownership of any text, images, or other intellectual property not owned by THE WRITER’S ALLY but appearing on the pages of THEWRITERSALLY.COM, attributed or not attributed, remains the property of the original owner and no claim of ownership is made by THE WRITER’S ALLY, its owners, or affiliates.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS REFERENCED BELOW THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, REPORTS OF EMAIL ABUSE, AND PIRACY REPORTS, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
THE WRITER’S ALLY.
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent:
1325 BEDFORD AVE #5800, PIKESVILLE MD 21282
Email Address of Designated Agent:
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A hard copy of documentation from the U.S. Copyright office at the Library of Congress proving that the specified document(s) are, in fact, officially registered and copyrighted works;
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 7 above:
- Service Provider shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Service Provider shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer (“Subscriber”);
- Service Provider shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to the Service Provider’s Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 3 above:
- Service Provider shall promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- Service Provider shall inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
- Service Provider shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Service Provider’s Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Service Provider’s network or system.
All other inquiries regarding copyrighted materials on this website should be directed to the following:
THE WRITER’S ALLY
1325 BEDFORD AVE #5800, PIKESVILLE MD 21282
You may not be as ready as you think you are.
- Learn the nine steps every successful book project goes through and get tips on how to check crucial items off your list.